The Standard for Industrial Automation
What is ISO 62443?
The international standard ISO 62443 is currently in the publishing process. Although it is not formally part of the ISO 27000 series of standards, it is closely linked to it as far as content is concerned: ISO 62443's objective is to define technical security requirements for communication scenarios within automation systems. Accordingly, it may be regarded as an industry-specific version of the ISO 27001 standard.
With ISO 62443, companies will be given the opportunity to establish a required minimum of information security within the field of industrial automation, in order to ensure the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the data processed.
Threats and Vulnerabilities Specific to Industrial Automation
ISO 62443: Topics and Content
- Communication in the IT network
- Communication in the automation network
- Connecting maintenance equipment (PCs) to the automation network
- Communication between production cells
- Communications with remote devices
- Connection to the office network – remote maintenance – communication between control stations
ISO 62443 in Your Organisation
Are you interested in implementing ISO 62443 in your organisation? Please refer to our overview to find out which other standards from the ISO 27000 series are relevant for you. Our project procedure describes how plan42 supports you during implementation. Do you have any further questions? Please feel free to contact us.